Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

Hi All

Every now and again emotions exceed politeness to such an extent that pasions are inflamed beyond tolerance.

Oh well I guess that is why the linux gods created email filters.

Lets see now.
Open Settings
Open Configure Filters
Set Filter
Apply

Rudeness problem disappeared.

That may work for you, but, unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem for the newbies that come to the list and find some jerk insulting everyone when they state something that he deems to be below his intelligence level. How many people have dropped off of this list in the past 2 weeks due to an onslaught of over-the-top arrogance and abuse?

It's unfortunate; because Joe is also one of the most personable (when you haven't offended his god complex) and *potentially* helpful people on the list. It would be nice to see more humility and greatfullness for the opportunity to share our skills with some who are open to learning new things.

We get it Joe. You're great; we're not. Now let's get back to business; and not drive *anyone else* away.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
                "Maxims for Revolutionists"