On Wednesday 30 July 2003 12:11 pm, David graced me with:
> I use Mozilla for my personal accounts with one bank.
> I have recently started a business account with another bank.
> When I enter the account number and password with the new bank and
> press go, nothing happens (using Mozilla). I can use my wife's
> (retch) Win98 and Explorer and it works fine.
> I thought it was the popups at first, I have had this issue before
> then I thought it was in how Mozilla identified itself. I have
> heard that some banks were going to an Explorer only interface.
> I can't seem to find in Mozilla 1.4 any way to have it announce its
> anything other than Mozilla.
> Any ideas to shed some light on this?

I see a lot of really helpful advice thrown here. So, for what it's
worth, I'll give you what's happened to me....

Long story short:

I purchased what appeared to be a really outstanding LPI backed course
to prepare for my Linux LPI Certification exam (101 & 102). I asked a
lot of questions of the rep that I spoke with at SmartCertify.com,
then made the decision to purchase the course. The price was great
and it had just been released by LPI, so I wasn't sure that I would
get it anywhere else. Supposedly this was an exclusive arrangement
between LPI and SmartCertify.

Lo' and behold, I find upon getting into the course that they use a
proprietary front end player called SmartForce to run the Graphical
environment of the course that allows me to actually type and see
Linux command line results in the course. A great idea, except....

...the only Java client that will work with this course is....
...ready for this?

Yep! You guessed it! M$'s Java!!

Sun's Java will NOT work with this Web-based course I purchased. What
irony, I thought as I steamed. A Linux course that can only be run on
a Windows PC.

No, I was not laughing over the irony, and needless to say, I do not
have good attitude toward this certification company or LPI for
creating the course as it is. That's what hurts most: LPI designed
this, not SmartCertify.com. Of course, SmartCertify states that they
were so upset with LPI for not letting their people in on the design
of the course, as supposedly they are with the other certification
programs that they provide. To be fair to SmartCertify, they are one
of the largest providers of training tools for computer
certifications. Apparently...not so for LPI.

OK, I enjoyed this chance to spill my guts about my debacle with
SmartCertify and LPI. But, the story leads me to a possible
explanation for your problem. It's possible that the banks
programmers have used M$-specific Java coding and it won't work with
anything but Windows and Internet Explorer. Period. Done deal.

If you haven't already done so (and assuming that none of the
suggestions made thus far worked for you), I would call the bank and
see if they will let you talk with one of the programmers. Ask
him/her if they used M$-specific Java coding for the site. Ask them
if it has been tested to work with Sun's Java Runtime. I have
learned, very expensively, that not all Java is alike.

HTH,