On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 13:41, David wrote:

> Not to belabor this point, but -- I sent a message to the BBT IT department
> and here is their reply --- what a hoot!
>
> Dear Mr. Williams:
>
> Thank you for writing to BB&T OnLine Support regarding compatibility of
> WebConnect and Sun.
>
> Sun Microsystems contain features that are not compatible with WebConnect.
>
> Sun Microsystems uses their own Java, rather than Microsoft Java.
> WebConnect uses the Java scripting found only in Microsoft Internet Explorer
> and earlier versions of Netscape such as Netscape 4.75.

<WHACK>

Here's a question to ask them; do they only have white customers?

It's literally the same thing. Prejudicial treatment. (Not
intentionally, but because the IT department for that bank is stuck with
a Microsoft solution - which tells you basically where a large amount of
the profits they make go...)

I laid that out before to a US bank; they didn't like that all that
much; but as it was explained to them, it's the same basic treatment.

I've currently got something similar going with the Australian Tax
Office here over MS Java being used for doing our BAS (Business Activity
Statement)...

--
Tue Aug  5 13:55:00 EST 2003
 13:55:00 up 1 day, 17:43,  1 user,  load average: 2.51, 2.52, 1.80

Youth is a disease from which we all recover.
                -- Dorothy Fuldheim