On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 17:00, Anarky wrote:
>     I was at the frozen bubble game site and there was this bit about
> free software:
>
> "
>
> Free software is a very interesting (and important) concept. It was
> brought to mankind by Richard M. Stallman, the founder of the Free
> Software Foundation <http://www.fsf.org/>. Free software is copyrighted
> software with special licensing terms (the GPL, "General Public
> License") that allow users to copy, ameliorate, and redistribute
> software as long as the licensing terms don't restrict those rights.
>
> Too many people simply "refuse" to see the ideology behind free software
> (unfortunately, that's the case of Linus Torvalds, the Linux kernel
> author). Free software is not only good quality software. Free software
> tells you that your freedom is valuable. It tells you that it's good for
> a society when people can share good software with friends, without
> being stopped by a license refusing you this right, and can
> ameliorate/bugfix programs if they are technically literate. It tells
> you that proprietary software is taking away your freedom.
>
> Because of these reasons, please promote and use Free Software.
>
> "
>
>      ... please somebody explain to what's that part about Linus
> Torvalds ... I thought he was the founder of Linux ... and suporter of
> free software .. & stuff lik that ...

only the author knows what he was thinking about. anyone who tries to
explain what someone else thinks (like the author was in reference to
Linus Torvalds, apparently the author believes he can know what Mr.
Torvalds thinks) should be looked on with a great deal of healthy
skepticism, imho.
possible fud, since actions (to me anyway) speak louder than words.