>      ... please somebody explain to what's that part about Linus
> Torvalds ... I thought he was the founder of Linux ... and suporter of
> free software .. & stuff lik that ...

I can't be sure but as others have expressed it may be something to do with
the name (i.e GNU/Linux vs Linux). If you look at some stuff in Linux it
gives Linux as the registered trademark of Linus
Torwhateveritishecallshimself. Maybe there is some conditions in his
registering of the trademark that prevents anybody from taking the Linux
kernel,tweaking it, and calling the resulting OS GNUx.

Just speculating here!

--
John Willby
Registered Linux user number 321644