On Mon 2003-09-01 at 05:18:33 +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> He is, I think this is because of an arguement between RS and Linus
> whereby RS wanted linux henseforth refered to as GNU linux. (Thereby
> getting lots of publicity for GNU and RS..)

Just to clarify. RMS does not want the Linux kernel name to have any
"GNU" extension. What RMS wants is that Linux based *distributions*
and anyone referring to such Linux based distributions by the label
"Linux" uses "GNU/Linux" instead, in order to give proper credits to
GNU's part of such a distro.

If you are interested in more details, you can read the FSF side of
the story here (warning: it is heavily biased by idiology):

  http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#why

Bye,

        Benjamin.