On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 08:01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 Sep 2003 10:08 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > Microsoft is once again trying to block the MSN protocol from usage
> > by GPL/OSS programs - in reality, it's not a very good protocol in
> > the first place, so hopefully, the public will start shying away
> > from using MSN and stick to the ICQ/AIM protocols and JABBER
> > amongst other things; the M$ EULA is reflecting their rabid nature;
> > they can legally do what they want and when they want as long as
> > someone clicks "I Agree".
> >
> I'm trying, Stephen.  I've given them the spiel about it starting to
> cost, and whenever M$ decide they want more cash....  Granddaughter
> has agreed to mention it to her mates, but I'm not so sure it will
> get anywhere.  I might have to lean a little harder.
>
> Anne

Here's a tidbit to think about for anyone that really really wants to
use the MSN Messenger on Windows; the past EULA's and the new EULA
literally state that Microsoft has the right to view the contents of
that particular machine without permission of the user/owner.

Now what do they think?

stephen kuhn
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
A housewife, an accountant and a lawyer were asked to add 2 and 2. The
housewife replied, "Four!". The accountant said, "It's either 3 or 4.
Let me run those figures through my spread sheet one more time." The
lawyer pulled the drapes, dimmed the lights and asked in a hushed voice,
"How much do you want it to be?"