On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 18:32, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 08:01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 Sep 2003 10:08 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > > Microsoft is once again trying to block the MSN protocol from usage
> > > by GPL/OSS programs - in reality, it's not a very good protocol in
> > > the first place, so hopefully, the public will start shying away
> > > from using MSN and stick to the ICQ/AIM protocols and JABBER
> > > amongst other things; the M$ EULA is reflecting their rabid nature;
> > > they can legally do what they want and when they want as long as
> > > someone clicks "I Agree".
> > >
> > I'm trying, Stephen.  I've given them the spiel about it starting to
> > cost, and whenever M$ decide they want more cash....  Granddaughter
> > has agreed to mention it to her mates, but I'm not so sure it will
> > get anywhere.  I might have to lean a little harder.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Here's a tidbit to think about for anyone that really really wants to
> use the MSN Messenger on Windows; the past EULA's and the new EULA
> literally state that Microsoft has the right to view the contents of
> that particular machine without permission of the user/owner.
>
> Now what do they think?
>
> stephen kuhn
> ==============================
> illawarra computer services
> a kuhn media australia company
> http://kma.0catch.com
> * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer *
> A housewife, an accountant and a lawyer were asked to add 2 and 2. The
> housewife replied, "Four!". The accountant said, "It's either 3 or 4.
> Let me run those figures through my spread sheet one more time." The
> lawyer pulled the drapes, dimmed the lights and asked in a hushed voice,
> "How much do you want it to be?"

as I read it (and IANL) they have the right to charge you forever and
ever whatever they want. period. you took this software, and agreed to
pay us for an upgrade and I ain't even sure you ever have the right not
to, from then on, even if you don't use it ever again.

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org