On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:31:31 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 21 Sep 2003 9:03 pm, rikona wrote:
> >
> > Yep - another part of the problem. M$ help suffers from the same
> > problem, although their overall integration of help is a step in
> > the right direction. Newbies can describe the question in
> > 'natural language', which is unfortunately not the language used
> > in the OS data base. The first OS that uses a thesaurus well
> > will really be a winner. I'm hoping that will be Mandrake. How
> > can we do that?
>
> Don't want to rain on your parade, rikona, but 'natural language'
> searches never seemed to give me answers either.  Back again, I
> think, to the fact that no search can give an answer that isn't in
>
> the docs, and the docs are written by those who didn't need to ask
>
> <g>
>
> Anne
> --
> Registered Linux User No.293302
> Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?

Personnaly, I've had better luck with google than man, but there's
something else that needs honorable mention in this thread.  Maybe a
couple something elses.

1.  My linux skills are improving because very often I'll read
something here that strikes my fancy, try it, google it, and maybe
after the experience, throw it away, just a little smarter.  It must
be a character flaw.  I've been married 5 times.

2.  The teacher learns just as much as the student.  How many times
have you looked something up to be sure not to commit that gaffe?

3.  Obviously we can afford the bandwidth.  What's a Holden, anyway?

Lee