Rather than directing a newbie to the man page, it's often better to recommend the info page. OK, sometimes there is no info page and sometimes it's identical to the man page, but frequently they have more explanation and, most usefully, example commands.

Later, of course, we'll be able to just type RTFT (Read The Fine Twiki) ;-)

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533