Hi,
        Running KDE1.1.1, Mandrake6.0.
Whenever I boot up my notebook(not often- about once a week), I do not
get any  sound until I run sndconfig.  Everything runs fine on the
sndconfig, and then it tells me that I already have a config file and
would I like to overwrite.  I hit yes and I'm away.  It's more
irritating that anything else.
        My initial trouble shooting brought me to realise that one of the
problems was because my FDD (external - from the parallel port) and the
sound card was like seeing who would get the first DMA.  But, if I leave
my FDD continuously plugged in, I would still get this problem.
        Same problems encountered when I was running RH6.0.  Any suggestions,
anyone?

--
Ronald Yeo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]