Im having trouble installing my sound card aswel...
i couldnt get it working in the installation of Red Hat 5.2 or Mandrake 6.1 but
when i downloaded OSS on my RH 5.2 box it worked.. it only had about 3 hours on
the demo and it expired b4 i could crack it.. i updated the kernel and
re-downloaded the new version and it wouldnt work at all.. i thought it would
be different in mandrake but its not.. it says more than 1 pnp card was
detected and id have to choose it myself from the list.. i tried all the pnp
cards i could see and none would work...
when i do pnpdump the first few lines say this...

# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier 2f ff ff ff ff 81 71 93 04

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL))
# or WARNING

# Card 1: (serial identifier 2f ff ff ff ff 81 71 93 04)
# Vendor Id ADS7181, No Serial Number (-1), checksum 0x2F.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 2.0
# ANSI string -->Analog Devices AD1816A<--
#
# Logical device id ADS7180
#     Device support I/O range check register
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x38
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3a
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3d
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3f

i dont understand most of that..
anyone know if it will work or i should just buy another sound card..

Mr-X-