Up !

>Just curious about something. How many of the list
members
>are using
>Linux in the workplace and how?
>I think it would be encouraging to see who's doing
what
>with it, and
>which distro's, whether they're seeing
>an increase in business because of Linux and what
>interesting things
>they're doing with Linux.
>
>It might prove to be an interesting source of
information
>for
>newbie's to know what can be done with Linux,
>especially when it's applied in a production
environment.
>We see all
>kinds of articles regarding Linux, but
>it's very hard to contact those people to see how
something
>was done,
>and what Tips 'n' Tricks were used
>to accomplish a particular task.
>
>MandrakeSoft has a special site
>(http://www.mandrakebizcases.com ), that allows
>anyone to post
>their
>particular application of Linux, but for the most
part you
>can't get the hands-on info from those companies
>or individuals.
>
>Is this something we could/should add to the Twiki
site? Comments?

>Lanman
>
>site? Comments?
>
>Lanman

You're probably already aware lanman, but I'll say it
for everyone to hear...  I currently have one MNF box
on one of our sites that performs firewalling, IDS,
and WebProxy.  I'd be lying if I said it's been
flawless, but I must also admit the problems have come
from my lack of admin knowledge.  Still, the problems
have been quite minimal and I believe it's at a point
where you "plug it in and forget about it..."

The Twiki suggestion is great.  One addition to it may
be more of an "industry HOWTO".  For example, people
could post HOWTOs that pertain to their industry.
Weather its government, insurance, production, retail,
or something else, each industry has its own specific
needs from the software it uses.  Even if it's just a
list of apps they use, it would give people a good
idea where to start and what tool(s) is recommended
for the job.  Add some contact info for each
bizcase/howto and you have a rather powerful tool for
Windows to Linux migrations =).  (I'm actually still
in search of the Win to Lin migration myself)

Tango