From: Robin Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 3:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Linux in the Business World - Speak Up !

Lanman wrote:
> Just curious about something. How many of the list members
> are using
> Linux in the workplace and how?
> I think it would be encouraging to see who's doing what
> with it, and
> which distro's, whether they're seeing
> an increase in business because of Linux and what
> interesting things
> they're doing with Linux.

I'm using Linux at work in a university department for the usual office
stuff and as a local FTP server (though I seem to be the only person who
makes much use of this). I use LyX for my own academic writing and
OpenOffice for correcting/commenting on student papers (I've set up a
series of styles and macros for this, which makes it a lot easier).

However, my boss has just informed me that there is a new policy
requiring all teachers to use Windows 98.  War may be declared.

Sir Robin

--
"The other major kind of computer is the "Apple", which I do not
recommend, because it is a wuss-o-rama New-Age computer that you

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533
Turkey

www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street