Nick Andriash wrote:

Hello Anne,

Tuesday, November 18, 2003, 4:22:05 AM, you wrote:

Choose the one you want for install, and make a partition for /home
(so that if you get any data on it you will be able to re-install or
upgrade without losing your data). I assume that since it is a whole
disk you probably have plenty of room? Allocate 512MB to swap and
create one bit ext3 partition for the rest. Mandrake will take care of
everything else.

I am soon going to try what Melissa is trying, so please bear with me
for a moment. Are you saying simply to create a 512 MB partition named
/home to store data in, as the 1st step during the installation? The
"one bit ext3 partition for the rest" is a little confusing for me, so
would you mind just going over that for a moment?

The 512 MB partition is for swap. The /home should be somewhat bigger, as it is where you store most of your data - actual size depends on the size of your hard disk. I assume that 'one bit...' is a typo and should read 'one big...'!

Margot
PS Please unset your reply-to - thanks.