Melissa Reese wrote:

Okay...I did install Mandrake, but I may have missed something crucial
with regards to the "X" server thingy.

It seems that I haven't properly configured my monitor and/or the X
server thing.  How can I go back and try this again?  Can I just boot
up with the first installation CD and start all over again?

Of course you can start all over again, and maybe you ought to, just for experience, but linux offers you many solutions, you can run XFdrake from that root terminal instead, to configure your monitor and video card, and startX on bootup.

John
--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]