On Wednesday 19 November 2003 02:13, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2003 06:44 pm, Melissa Reese wrote:
> > It seems that I haven't properly configured my monitor and/or the X
> > server thing.  How can I go back and try this again?  Can I just boot
> > up with the first installation CD and start all over again?
>
> Yes, but we can probably fix it without reinstalling.  There is a program
> called XFdrake that you can run from the console to help you get set up.
> Become root user and type 'XFdrake' (case matters, so be careful).  Now
> select your monitor and video card and try to test it.
>
> BTW, what kind of monitor and video card do you have?

Guy's there's an even better way:

Just log in on the console as "root" or "su" and start the control center by
typing "mcc" (without the quotes). It also works w/o X being configured!

That way you'll be able to reconfigure everything you want in a gui which is
fairly self-explanatory.
If someone misses out on the X configuration, there's bound to be more stuff
mis-configured.

Good luck,
HarM
--