Melissa Reese wrote:

Hi John,

Vendor: Silicon Integrated Systems Bus: PCI Bus Identification: 1039:900:1043:80a7 Location on the Bus: 0:4:0 Description: SiS900 10/100 Ethernet Module: sis900 Media Class: NETWORK_ETHERNET

Then, it also detects this:

Vendor: USB Ethernet [pegasus]
Bus: USB
Module: pegasus
Media Class: Interface|Default

At this point, I can't seem to get any connection working...not my
usual cable connection, and not even the silly dialup!

I am looking into a proper Ethernet card, so I can connect my external
modem (Linksys cable modem) via the Ethernet cable instead of the USB,
but until I get that sorted out, I'm feeling a bit stuck. Oh well.
I'll keep trying.  :-)

Cann't help the ethernet cards, no previous experience, nor cable modems.

What sort of dialup modem do you have ?

John

--
John Richard Smith