Wednesday, November 26, 2003, 4:44:48 PM, Charlie Mahan wrote:

>> How is it you run a Mandrake program, to wipe Mandrake off the system
>> entirely? Can you explain?

> When running from the first CD you can access the same tools to remove the
> distribution as you would use to install it in the first place. It saves you
> having to buy proprietary software (Partition Magic etc) to do something that
> can be done with Free (as in beer) Open Source tools. Those tools will run
> from the disks and are loaded in memory to accomplish the tasks required,
> just as any other operating system's installer does it.

Sorry, I have never heard of any application that runs when the hard
drive contains no data at all.  Sounds a mystery.

I have not heard of another operating system that does this either.

> I don't think you thought that question through or the answer would have been
> blatantly obvious.

Pardon?  Discussions would dry up if everything was obvious.

Not only that, but I think I read that the documentation was written
by a number of different people.

--
Best regards,
 Adam