Charlie Mahan wrote:

Wednesday 26 November 2003 10:51 pm, anton wrote:

hey guys,
go easy, eh! Not everyone on this list has extensive experience...
In the words of the great Tree "Now, now, young Hobbits, don't be so hasty"
8^-2
Anton

I'm aware of the wide gap in experience among newbies, and that of some others that read and respond to those posts on this and other lists. I'm also aware that the first thing most "persons of extensive experience" learn is that most people won't learn anything from experience.

Not even their own.

It is a conundrum, isn't it?

I didn't think I was belittling anyone Anton, just trying to point out a few facts to refute some ill-conceived and incorrect statements. Then pointing out another fact; that just because someone isn't aware of a thing, doesn't mean that thing doesn't exist.

This all started because someone wanted to wipe Mandrake Linux from their hard drive and then didn't believe they could *use* Mandrake to *remove* Mandrake, remember?
Actually it was suggested to Adam.
<snip>
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:42:01 -0330
Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And today, I stick in a music CD, wait awhile, and nothing happens.
>> Red Hat played the CD.

OMFG! I would *immediately* uninstall Mandrake, there's obviously something
wrong when your OS doesn't read your mind!
<snip>
Except for the smart ass crack about the horse I tried very hard to show no disrespect to the individual that asserted that what I was explaining was impossible. <g>

Regards;
Charlie
Judgeing from the begining of the CD Player thread I thought Adam asked reasonable questions.

--
Mike