Charlie Mahan wrote:

Waaaaaaaay to cold up there. ;=0
Anton

Thursday 27 November 2003 2:42 pm, mike wrote:
<snip>

Actually it was suggested to Adam.
<snip>
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:42:01 -0330

Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And today, I stick in a music CD, wait awhile, and

nothing happens.

>> Red Hat played the CD.

OMFG! I would *immediately* uninstall Mandrake, there's
obviously something
wrong when your OS doesn't read your mind!
<snip>

Judgeing from the begining of the CD Player thread I thought
Adam asked reasonable questions.

I didn't say the question was unreasonable Mike, far from it. I actually answered the question.

[OT]: It was posted by others; then restated by myself, that auto run is an option that needs to be turned on in the default KDE CD player (KsCD) in Mandrake whereas apparently Red Hat does this by default. I'd rather choose whether or not to allow the behaviour, but it's a matter of personal choice.

Sorry about my confusion as to which thread I was responding to. But since this is listed in the archives as a new thread, even though Adam made reference to another thread, and since the subject of *this* thread is "Uninstall" I directed my comments to that subject.

I did think JoeHill's post might have been construed as a bit 'off-putting.' Possibly. I really didn't think it was meant as a "flame" though. In fact I had a chuckle over it.

The rest of the posts I made in this overly long and seemingly pointless thread were direct responses to Adam's comments and questions. If he or anyone found my remarks offencive; I apologize.

BTW if anyone is becoming so sensitive they can't stand to read posts that were never meant as personal attacks let me know. I'll happily walk away from the newbie list again.

Not a threat, not even a warning, a statement that I don't need this crap.

Since I refuse to be other than myself, the "P.C Police" can kiss my a$$ets. <g>

Regards;
Charlie
- -- Edmonton,AB,Canada User 244963 at http://counter.li.org
Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586 kernel 2.4.22-21mdk
15:47:27 up 18 min, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.12, 0.13
All most men really want in life is a wife, a house, two kids and a car,
a cat, no maybe a dog. Ummm, scratch one of the kids and add a dog.
Definitely a dog.