On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:52:35 -0600
Tom Brinkman disseminated the following:

> > Anyway, I put everything back together, and I've been running
> > mprime for the past 6 -7 hours, no errors, no problems. Could
> > it be that the improperly seated NIC was the cause of all the
> > instability? I'm hopin' so, I really want that server back in
> > biz.
>
>       Yep, and I've seen/heard of even stranger things ;)

...actually, I left it running overnight, for a total of about 20 hours, and it
was still passing the torture tests this AM.

Anyway, I'm gonna reinstall the system, as after all those crashes there's a lot
of corruption, in particular the rpm database (cannot install, uninstall
packages) and see how it goes.

Thanks Tom!

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813