On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, you wrote:
>
> > John & PC....first off, the ls-120 is definately a bootable drive, both
> > with a standard 1.44 meg floppy as well as with the 120 meg ls-120
> > floppys.  The command that points the output of mkbootdisk to the ls-120
> > is:
> >
> >             mkbootdisk --device /dev/hdc 2.2.9-19mdk
> >
> Really??? Interesting. It's been my understanding that Linux (at
> least) doesn't like booting off an LS-120 since it's not a proper
> Floppy drive.

mkbootdisk may need patching to accept /dec/hdXY, but try
--device /dev/hdc1
if i remeber correctly an ls-120 disc needs a partition table, so can be
accessed strictly as /dev/hdc.

> > But there's a problem.  The mkbootdisk command doesn't seem to like
> > writing to the ls-120 and errors out after a moment.  I've experimented
> > with different discs carrying different formats and never could get a
> > boot disc created on the ls-120.
> >
> Might be due to the fact that Linux sees it as a small hard drive,
> and that it defaults to /dev/fd0. Probably still trying to write to
> /dev/fd0 despite your stating /dev/hdc.
>       John

nope see below it writes where it's told, hence the error about no
partition table.
--
[ -n "$pause" ] && {
    echo "Insert a disk in $device. Any information on the disk will be

[ -n "$verbose" ] && echo -n "Formatting $device... "
mke2fs $device > /dev/null 2>/dev/null
[ -n "$verbose" ] && echo "done."

MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon