>> On that note, when updating the kernal and initscripts for instance,
>> how do I get the package to install?

John Aldrich> just RPM a new kernel in and add it to your
> /etc/lilo.conf, making it the default. Then re-run /sbin/lilo.
> Then rpm the new initscripts and reboot.

To me, this is an archaic reference. Are you suggesting that
using the "RPM" utility from the prompt will update the
Kernal? If so, is that what "kpackage" (sp?) does as well??

> Once you've installed the new initscripts, just reboot and all
> should be well with the world.

> If you need  a new boot floppy as a backup, just run "mkbootdisk
> <kernelversion>" and it'll default to /dev/fd0 as the target.

Oh my! There's a utility for this?? Why isn't it mentioned in the
HOWTO?? I figured there had to be a "sys a:" equivalent.

> For example, my system is on a 2.2.5-15 kernel here at work
> (RedHat...home system is Mandrake <G>) so my command line would be
> "mkbootdisk 2.2.5-15 <enter>" and have a writeable floppy handy.

How would I point it to my LS-120 Floppy? I have /dev/hdc "linked"
to "/mnt/floppy". And using "linux% dmesg | less", the following is
reported: Linux version 2.2.9-19mdk
Would that make the command "linux% mkbootdisk 2.2.9-19" ??