On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Axalon....I tried out your hdXY suggestion, using a 120 meg disc, in a
> console window.  It accessed the disc for a long time and froze up the
> system so tight that no keyboard input would do anything.  I had to
> power down.  So I tried a 1.44 floppy, but in a real console, and it
> spewed out a bunch of errors that started with the superblock one.
> Anyway, no success.  Thanks though, for the suggestion.
>
> Alan

Strange that it would lock up so tight, I'll see about fixing mkbootdisk
it sure doesn't have much error checking. compusa changed their return
policy on me, so unless i can find a new tech store with decent policy
it's gonna actualy cost me to borrow one (stupid repacking fee) for
testing's, so it may be awhile.

what did the partition table look like before you started
If you feel up to it, manual step thru the mkbootdisk (aka cut-n-paste)
starting around line 110, and maybe see where it takes its dive..