On Friday 27 February 2004 01:06 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
>But what actually
> controls whether
> they are connected to USB1/USB2 in the hub is still not clear to me. All
> right we have
> both USB1/USB2 capability but how the system decides what is which isn't
> clear to me.
> Is it the USB slots or is it the equipement or what ?

This should be totally dependent upon which plug on your machine/motherboard,
you are plugging into.  I have specific sockets on my board that are linked
to the 2.0 Hub, and others that go to the 1.0 Hub.  If I use the socket
attached to the 2.0 Hub, then the device should be 2.0 unless the hardware
itself is not 2.0 in which case, the machine downgrades to 1.1 since the
standard is backwards compatible.

You should be able to look at your motherboard manual and it will tell you
exactly where the 2.0 sockets should be connected on the motherboard.  Follow
that plug to the external socket and plug your device in there.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer