On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 12:30, JoeHill wrote:

> > EZiest way - DELETE XP.
>
> Can't argue with that.
>
> However, if you really must keep XP around, do the install by booting from the
> Mandrake CD *after* you have XP installed (leave some unpartitioned space, at
> least 5 or 6 GB). Sounds from what you said you installed Mandrake from within
> Windoze, not the way to go, AFAIK. If you install Mandrake by booting from the
> CD, it will use the unpartitioned space, and install LILO with a Win option, and
> play nicer.

I still think that in deleting XP you have just all the more disk space
for linux. Gotta have space to store OGG's and MP3's and ripped DVD's.
And pr0n.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Another good night not to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.