On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:38:30 -0400
JoeHill wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:52:33 -0400
> et disseminated the following:
>
> How many people have actually *paid* for XP Pro anyway? There's prolly
> more pirated copies out there than legit. IIRC, I never forked over a
> single dime for Windows or any software that ran on it. Then I found
> out I could go legit(well, okay, the MPAA might have a few issues with
> me), get a better OS, with all the software I needed, and still not
> pay a dime. I can see a lot of other people making the same discovery.

I unfortunately have two legal copies of XP.  One copy came with my Gateway laptop
even though I begged them not to put it on there (The CD is still in the original
shrink wrap).  The other copy was received as part of a 'special' Microsoft was having
on campus in which they gave away copies of XP to students.

Just about anybody who buys a new computer gets stuck buying a copy of XP!

--
Job Evers