installed.

> Easiest way to install XFCE4 is through Charles' site:
>
> http://www.eslrahc.com/
>
> would i switch from Gnome to xfce4 and from xfce4 back to Gnome by
> > only using startx ?
>
> 'startxfce4', but you can also start it with 'startx' if you have an ~/.xinitrc
> like so:
>
> xfce-mcs-manager
> xfwm4 --daemon
> xftaskbar4 &
> xfdesktop &
> exec xfce4-panel
> #exec gnome-session

ok i did that.  it launched and i see the panel at the top.  that was my
only noticable difference than using startxfce4.

also my wheel mouse causes things to move left to right instead of up
and down.  annoying :(

when i said i wanted to change default browser to Epiphany that was for
right click menu and the middle aligned dock at the bottom.

gnome-terminal does work however i would not know how to make it the
default terminal.

i have not yet discovered the cool stuff yet.  i've barely used it
though.

thanks