On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:26:01 -0500
mdk n00b disseminated the following:

> ok i did that.  it launched and i see the panel at the top.  that was my
> only noticable difference than using startxfce4.

That's easily configured in the settings for the panel. That's the main thing I
like about XFCE, is the fact that you can configure almost everything through
one simple and intuitive interface, themes, behaviours, the whole 9 yards.

> also my wheel mouse causes things to move left to right instead of up
> and down.  annoying :(

Ya, that kinda drove me nuts too, if you are referring to the 'switching
desktops with the mousewheel' thing, it seems 'backwards'. If you put your panel
on the right, and use the desktop pager, it makes more sense though. You will
see that when you wheel up, the pager moves 'up' one workspace, and vice versa.

> when i said i wanted to change default browser to Epiphany that was for
> right click menu and the middle aligned dock at the bottom.
>
> gnome-terminal does work however i would not know how to make it the
> default terminal.

Not sure what you mean there about 'default terminal', but you can just create a
launcher for it on your panel. Is there some app you are using that calls a
terminal? If so, there is probably a setting to have it call the Gnome term
rather than Xterm or whatever.

> i have not yet discovered the cool stuff yet.  i've barely used it
> though.

There's lots of 'goodies' for XFCE, most, if not all, of them available through
Charles' urpmi source.

Some examples here:

http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/

--