On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:52:59 +1000
Stephen Kuhn disseminated the following:

> > "'It is this switching cost that has given the customers the patience to
> > stick
> > with Windows through all our mistakes, our buggy drivers, our high TCO
> > (total
> > cost of ownership), our lack of a sexy vision, at times, and many other
> > difficulties,' the e-mail said. 'Customers constantly evaluate other desktop
> > platforms, (but) it would be so much work to move over that they hope we
> > just
> > improve Windows rather than force them to move.'
>
> So when ya installing XP Pro, Joe? Sad to see ya leave this forum, mate.
> I'm sure the humourless bastards and bastardettes in the MS forums are
> going to love ya...
> (g)

Puh-lease, listen, like you I have to deal with fscking XP a *lot* for work, and
it's like driving an old, half dead Toyota (<G>).

Must admit, I don't know much about the Office shit, but this one blew me away.
This client calls me because all of a sudden, his Outlook 'mail client'
(shudder) opens with the message that his messages and contacts are not
accessible. He's seriously pissed. You know what the problem was?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296088

So, no warning, just a serious fuckup that could easily be avoided by *not
putting every message and contact into one big stupid-ass file!*

MS developers are a bunch of moronic crackheads, but hell, they make me money.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046