On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:41 pm, Miark wrote:
> Not to lose sight of your question, but I've been pretty
> annoyed lately with OO because of its slowness. I seem
> to remember it starting, loading and saving files, and
> other operations being faster when my 9.2.1 was fresh.
> But it could be my imagination.
>
> Is there any reason that OO would gradually become slower
> over a period of a couple months? Has anyone else
> experienced this?

No, but you might have something running in the background when you open it
up. I sometimes open two or three apps up at a time, and then OO.o appears
slow against the others. Certainly it is the slowest program to kick in on my
machines. 4 seconds by my watch if nothing else is being loaded as well. This
machine has 512 MB RAM, but I just timed it on the one with half as much, 256
RAM and it is the same. I don't know if that is fast or slow, but it is fine
by me.

Charlie.

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524