Miark wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:05:51 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is there any reason that OO would gradually become slower
over a period of a couple months? Has anyone else
experienced this?

No, but you might have something running in the background when you open it up. I sometimes open two or three apps up at a time, and then OO.o appears slow against the others. Certainly it is the slowest program to kick in on my machines. 4 seconds by my watch if nothing else is being loaded as well. This machine has 512 MB RAM, but I just timed it on the one with half as much, 256 RAM and it is the same. I don't know if that is fast or slow, but it is fine by me.

4 seconds? Cripes, in KDE in 9.2.1 it takes me about a minute and
a half! I have a 1.1 GHz Athlon, and a gig of RAM. I monitored it
starting with top running, and the most CPU intensive thing
running at the time was top itself at about 1%.

Miark

I posted the same problem a few days ago...
I open the same file every day and now I need more then a minute to open it!
Nothing else then Kde is running and I have more then 500 mb of ram!
I stoped using Star office because of the price... since it is free for teachers maybe I will download it!
But it still doesn't solve the ooo problem!
Bye
Christophe