On Sunday 13 February 2005 01:25 pm, RickSisler wrote:

> Hi Greg, Thx for pkg'ing these, seems to work fine !
>
> What output engine do you guys recommend ? I have all of my files as
> mp3. aRts works with no problems, but I was just curious 8)

My personal preference is xine because it handles streams better, but
crossfading doesn't work with xine, so if you like crossfading, gstreamer is
the way to go.  If you can get dmix going, which is a way to do software
mixing without apps like arts, you can have amaroK use xine or gst and still
leave arts running for systems notifications and stuff.
--
/g