On Wednesday 16 March 2005 11:44, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I haven't moved win4lin to this box yet anyway, so that's not a problem.
> <sigh>  I seem to spend 6 months ironing out problems on a new install,
> only to have to do it all over again because I need maybe just one thing
> that the existing install can't give me.

My personal trick on win4lin: Install their kernel (when it's available), on
the new install and copy (I keep them backed up on the HD as well on
CD) /var/win4lin and /opt/win4lin to resp. /var and /opt.
If you kept your /home/ann/win directory in order it'll run as before....no
serial number hassle et all.

--
Good luck,
HarM