On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:19, Michel Leunen wrote:
> H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> > Did you upgrade KDE recently, buy any chance?
> > Sounds familiar to the frightful mess KDE always gets into when upgrading
>
> yes, I do an upgrade regularly but, IIRC, kde was still working after my
> last upgrade.
> In the case it was the upgrade that messed my kde up, what's the
> solution? Retry an update?
>
> Michel

I don't know.....I like xfce4 but it sucks when apps like konq don't start
when asked......agreed.

I messed my KDE so bad konq would take about 5 minutes to start from
xfce.......beuh!!! So I installed Mdk10.2rc3 totally afresh on that
laptop......and I'm not complaining;)

Believe me KDE is a PIA when it comes to upgrades.....makes you love xfce4;)

I just use xfce and the usable parts of kde like kppp (now there's a winner!),
kontact (OK), kaffeine and konqueror (if it'll run).....so I don't really
need to upgrade the whole thing, only the parts;)

--
Good luck,
HarM