On Friday 18 Mar 2005 12:36, Charles Rodgers wrote:
> Can't get Verbatim DVD W or RW to work with K3b.
>
> Any recommendation for a make of DVD that is  known to work?
I'm afraid I haven't had any DVD blanks that didn't work. I presume that's
down to the drive and not the software.............
The drive I use is the 16 speed NEC with dual layer burning as well. I can't
vouch for the dual layer part, but I notice that K3B normally shows as dual
layer capacity until I actually put the blank into the drive.
I've used pretty much whatever is cheapest at the stockist I use and have had
no problems (coasters). I could say that most drives appreciate Ritek dye
disks, though. The Liteon I had before the Nec definitely preferred ritek dye
disks, but again, although burning slower generally on other dyes, didn't
produce coasters. Maybe I've just been lucky :-)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]