On Saturday 19 Mar 2005 00:10, Tom wrote:

>       Maybe "Memorex" is sellin you different manufacturer's media
> than they do to me.

Lighten up, Tom.  I was pulling your leg.  Seriously, though, many people
report that their particular drives seem to like or dislike one particular
brand.  I've never found that, so perhaps I'm lucky.  It is a fact, though,
that because of the density, dvd disks have more likelihood of being
problematic than CDs.  I use no-name CDs without problems, but my experience
is that for DVDs I need to be more choosy.

>    Most all the above varies from past 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, even 10.x
> versions, due to Mandrake an kernel, cdrecord and cdrdao, mkisofs an
> other improvements an changes.  Often not kept up with many,
> specially those injecting their mistaken impressions into the
> 'Community twiki'.
>
>     The _real_ twiki is here
>    http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/wiki

Just what is this all about?  The two are different things, for different
people and different purposes.  Your experiences are valid, but so are the
experiences of others.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels