Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 19 Mar 2005 20:08, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

I usually put a pretty printed label on them anyway, so that is less of
a problem. But one day I would like to get one of the printers that will
print directly on CDs/DVDs. But they require printable CD blanks anyway.
(I do have a bunch of business card size that are printable...)

Mikkel, again I'm only quoting what I have read, but I understand that it's not wise to label DVDs. Again it is the speed and density that make them more sensitive to wobble if the label is not absolutely balanced. The article I read though that it was almost impossible to safely label them.

I've been looking at the printers, too, as mine will have to be retired soon, but I don't know whether they are a viable option for DVDs. It would be nice if they were.

Anne

Anne,
You are probably right. I can not say for sure about DVDs. I do not have a burner myself, so I have not labeled too many. I know you can mess up a CD if you are sloppy putting on the label. The business card ones give me problems.
For printing on CDs, Epson has an ink jet that isn't too out of line that has a try for printing CDs. I have not checked into it, to see if it will work with Linux. By the time I am ready to really start shopping for one, there will probably be a new crop of printers anyway. There are other things higher up on the wish list...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!