take a look at the hd upgrade howto I think its a minihowto
in it theres a way to edit the lilo command string to specify WHICH disks
mbr you're writing too.
If you have a problem with the mbr goto www.bootdisk.com download aefdisk
it can write you a new mbr for DOS/windows
then if it says like windows 95 instead of 98 or 2000 use the fdisk /mbr
command to restore that. You may have to edit your
msdos.sys file or simply add a couple lines to the config.sys or
autoexec.bat to get it to automatically load windows though.

At 02:04 AM 2/18/00, you wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, James Mellema wrote:
> >

> > Try running "/sbin/lilo" as root, without the quotes. That should
> > rebuild the lilo command so it will recognize both systems. Installing
> > Win9x or Win2k will write over the MBR and effectively corrupt the
> > settings there.
> > --
> > James Mellema, CRNA MA
> > -------------------------------
> > Linux User # 71650
> > ICQ # 19685870
>
>thanks but I have already tried that several times and just get the
>following :
>
>Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
>Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
>Added windows *
>Partition entry not found
>
>I have also tried KLILO several times with the same result except the
>following
>line at the end of the other four lines:
>
>ERROR: Lilo died
>
>Thanks
>Mike

JTyler