Let me first start off by saying I love Mandrake and rpm .... I think both
are great.  However, I'm getting really frustrated with the rpm's that
Mandrake is including in their distro.  It seems like all of them have the
syntax of rpmname-version#-mdk.  This makes a simple rpm -Uvh upgrage nearly
impossbile without rpm -e a bunch of stuff.  For instance, the other day I
needed to upgrade the SDL libraries, but in order to do it correctly I had
to rpm -e probably 12 packages to install the current version of SDL.  Now I
want to upgrade esound and I'm afraid that in order to that I'll have to
literally remove gnome and reinstall it.  If anyone knows of a way to
upgrade these packages please post it!!!! I'm going crazy thinking about
this one.  Also, does anyone have any experience using the cooker?  I'm
starting to think it may be an easier, if slightly less stable, solution.

--
Larry Hignight          Descent 3 Beta tester          Caldera Linux 2.4
 11:45am  up 28 days, 19:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.03