Brian Abbott wrote:

> I have run the "sndconfig" and I was warned not to run it with out
> shutting down X-windows.  I am an extreme newbie!!!!!
>
> I ran it from KDE anyway and was able to hear the voice and MIDI
> samples.  But when I go back to my work, NO SOUND.
>
> I could here it during the sndconfig but not any other time.
>
> What do I need to do?

Since the sound is clearly been configured and is working then the next
thing you have to do is to "enable" the system sounds for the desktop.
That can be accomplished using any one of the desktop managers for what
ever desktop you're happen to be running.
--
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299