> > The AMD K6-2 at 400 Mhz is taking about 15.5 Hrs per work unit, the AMD
> > K6-2 333 on windows 98 looks to be about 31 hrs. ? Don't understand
> > that, nothing else is running. Just shows that the Penguin is superior
> > in just one more way. Everything seems to run faster on linux.  Search
> > on,
>
> I have noticed the same thing. Seti in Windows on my machine also takes a lot
> longer. Literally hours longer, like 18, compared to 12 now.

I thought that was the case too, but I noticed that those results are with the
screen saver version..  If you run the text/command line version with
windows/NT, then the unit times are essentially equal..Try it

To improve window screen saver times, set the time for screen to blank to 0 or 1
whichever is the lowest allowed - you'll see a huge decrease in work unit
times...HOURS les