Thanx for the notes :)

I've downloaded the 7.1 iso - I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

As for having the swap first, I recall reading something when I first
started using Linux (maybe in the Linux Adminstrator's Guide?) that
optimal placement of the swap partition (at that time, with those
kernels) was at the beginning of the drive ... since the swap partition
extends memory and 'seek' time depends in part on location, I guess that
was the reasoning :)

Thanx again.
-Brice