I've got 128MB of RAM and the Swap is only 96MB.  When I was running
Caldera Open Linux 2.2, I never saw any of it being used.  When I installed
Mandrake 7.1, swap utilization came up to 2-3%.  I suppose if were doing
some heavy development work and creating huge programs, I would see it go up.
For me personally, I don't see the need to use up more disk space for an
area that is seeing little usage.

Barry :-)

On Thu, 02 November 2000, Josh V Friberg-Wyckoff wrote:

> NO
>
> At 06:14 PM 11/01/2000 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> > Ed Tharp wrote:
> >>
> >> hey, I am really a newbie , but should not your swap be twice the size of
> >> the ram?

Surfree.com - nationwide internet access
http://www.surfree.com