On Sat, 4 Nov 2000 14:24:01 -0800, you wrote:

>> OK, heres one of my fundamental problems...I don't know how to tell if
>> my card exists as eth0...how do I do that? I apologize for the
>> simplicity of this question, and the many to follow, but theres gonna
>> be a bunch until I get this thing knocked off, so get your seatbelts
>> buckled :-)
>>

>Open DrakConf>NetworkConfiguration>Basic host Information>Adaptor 1
>You should find it with your system address, netmask, the card driver, DNS of
>your box, its status (enabled), possible to add in the I/Oport and IRQ.
>
>hth

OK, heres what I have in there:

Adaptor
        Config Mode: DHCP
        Primary Name and Domain: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Alias: rog@slammingrooves
        IP address: 24.188 blah blah blah
        Net mask: 255.255.255.192
        Net Device: eth0
        Kernel Module: 3c59x
        I/O port:
        IRQ: 10

I've also filled in the IP numbers in IP Nameserver 1 and 2 (the DNS
numbers, I guess).

Now, the thing that makes me wonder if Mandrake is seeing my nic card,
is I go to Harddrake, and it doesn't have anything listed under
Ethernet Card. What should I do there?

Also, when I boot the machine, and its initializing everything, it
gets to where its initializing eth0, and lists a path to something,
but then it says invalid parameter param_irq Delaying eth0
initialization. And when I bring up a terminal and type ifup eth0 (as
SU), it again tells me Delaying eth0 initialization.

So whats my next move?

peace,

Rog
http://www.slammingrooves.com