What does this say?: ifconfig eth0

> >> simplicity of this question, and the many to follow, but
> theres gonna
> >> be a bunch until I get this thing knocked off, so get your
> seatbelts
> >> buckled :-)
> >>

> >Open DrakConf>NetworkConfiguration>Basic host Information>Adaptor 1
> >You should find it with your system address, netmask, the
> card driver, DNS of
> >your box, its status (enabled), possible to add in the
> I/Oport and IRQ.
> >
> >hth
> >

> OK, heres what I have in there:
>

> Adaptor
>       Config Mode: DHCP
If the NIC is to be setup by DHCP, there is no need for Primary Name and
Domain, Alias, IP address, and Net mask.  Also, dhclient will replace the
contents of /etc/resolve.conf unless you correctly set up
/etc/dhclient.conf.

>       Primary Name and Domain: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is invalid.  It should be a FQDN like
rog.slammingrooves.com

>       Alias: rog@slammingrooves
same here also.

>       IP address: 24.188 blah blah blah
>       Net mask: 255.255.255.192
>       Net Device: eth0
>       Kernel Module: 3c59x
>       I/O port:
>       IRQ: 10
IF this is a PCI card you should not have to enter the IRQ.  If not, you
might have to enter the I/O port also.