On Sun, 5 Nov 2000 22:16:25 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

I guess that means its not seeing my card, eh?

>> theres gonna
>> seatbelts
>> >>

>> OK, heres what I have in there:
>>

>> Adaptor
>>      Config Mode: DHCP
>If the NIC is to be setup by DHCP, there is no need for Primary Name and
>Domain, Alias, IP address, and Net mask.  Also, dhclient will replace the
>contents of /etc/resolve.conf unless you correctly set up
>/etc/dhclient.conf.

Just for hahas, since I don't know how to correctly set up
/etc/dhclient.conf, I went to take a look at it, but it doesn't exist.

>>      Primary Name and Domain: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] is invalid.  It should be a FQDN like
>rog.slammingrooves.com
>
>>      Alias: rog@slammingrooves
>same here also.
>
>>      IP address: 24.188 blah blah blah
>>      Net mask: 255.255.255.192
>>      Net Device: eth0
>>      Kernel Module: 3c59x
>>      I/O port:
>>      IRQ: 10
>IF this is a PCI card you should not have to enter the IRQ.  If not, you
>might have to enter the I/O port also.

OK, it is a PCI, and I took out the IRQ...

peace,

Rog
http://www.slammingrooves.com