Hello s,

Thursday, December 28, 2000, 10:55:51 AM, you wrote:

s> On Thursday 14 December 2000 12:16 am, you wrote:
>> Hellos,
>>
>> Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 5:31:59 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> s> Great thanks.  That did the trick.  Now if I could get the agpgart
>> moduled to s> load so I could install the nvidia drivers I would be
>> delirious. s> -s
>>
>>  You are welcome :)
>>  Do you have an i815 board ? I came to that problem (agpgart and new
>>  kernels) only on that one, and could not solve it anyhow
>>
>>                                                   Onur

s> Yep, an i815.  It's a mess.  I tried loading the module first, even
s> unsupported.  I tried modifying the nvdriver kernel so that it would use it's
s> own agp.  Just won't work.  Somebody's bound to think of something soon, I
s> hope.
s> -s

 wow ! I cant believe it ! Finally I found something on the net that I
 am not the only person who came across this !

 umm, should I be happy or sad??

 I did many tricks with agpgart too, from module parameter,
 unsupported, to trying with the source, downloading an agpgart from
 intels site (source RPM) and using it, tweaking nvidia's old and new
 drivers, changing source, increasing and decreasing support of it
 (you know,for via 4X, agp memory stuff etc), forcing to use its own
 agp stuff and forcing not to use it, again from the source, but no
 way! No way it works !

 No info I could find on the net

 Nvidia did not even care to answer a "kind enough to write a very
 deeeeep letter of info" CUSTOMER, not even a lie " we are working on
 the subject". I even sent a mail to loki, (well, they are most busy
 on defining 3D drivers on hardware, I believe)

 No info on net.
 No info from "officials"
 No info from mailing lists.

 AM stuck !!!!!!

 May god help us !

Or maybe, a human may help ?
hope sooooooooooo

well, honestly, after all those I did, I lost hope :(

 ps: 815 is great, no way I will change it for long :)

                                           Onur