My preferred solution has been the following...
Download the .src.rpm versions of NVIDIA_Kernel and NVIDIA_GLX from the
ftp site.
Bring up a terminal window (or do this completely outside X).
su to root.
rpm --rebuild *.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586
rpm -Uvh NV*.rpm
vi /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
add the line...
Load "glx"
... just after Section "Module"
Restart X.

The nicest part of this was that the rpm install automatically renamed
the MesaGL files that are known to conflict with nVidia's drivers.

--
Digital Wokan, Tribal Mage of the Electronics Age
Guerilla Linux Warrior